Out of balance water can cause expensive and irreversible damage to the pool interior and equipment, potentially inhibiting the sanitisation process. Good water balance protects swimmers and when properly maintained throughout the year, the pool water should be fresh, clean, and sparkling.
Below are a few tips;
- Maintain the correct water level – ¾ of the way up the skimmer box is recommended
- Keep an eye on evaporation; this can be severe in summer due to high temperatures
- Never let the pool water drop below the skimmer box
- Do NOT empty your pool or you will void your warranty
- Take a sample of your pool water and your Narellan Pools Owners’ Manual to your local pool shop at the start of each season for testing. It is important to follow this protocol to meet the requirements of your warranty.
Below are a few general pool tips;
- Clean your skimmer box and thoroughly backwash your sand filter. You can also remove and clean your cartridge filter depending on pool use
- Keep the chlorinator running at 80 – 100% along with chemically balancing your pool to keep the water sanitised during the summer heat
- Solar Blankets & Covers reduce pool water from evaporating. Please make sure covers are taken off at least once a week. This will allow the pool to breathe and protects the pool and pool equipment from chlorine levels that may exceed the manufacturer’s specification
- Clean the pool, vacuum the floor and brush walls regularly
- Ensure you have the most current resuscitation sign positioned in your pool area and that it is visible at all times.
If you have any queries, please contact us on 1300 676 657.